Country : Canada
Region : Quebec
City : Chicoutimi
Web site : www.uqac.ca
The Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC) is a francophone university located in the heart of Chicoutimi, a borough of the city of Saguenay, in the province of Quebec, Canada. It is affiliated with the Université du Québec (UQ).
Founded in 1969, it is one of the most modern in Quebec. In addition to its main campus, the university has study centers in Saint-Félicien, Alma and Sept-Îles. By 2014, approximately 7,500 students were enrolled, making it the third of nine UQ member institutions, after UQAM and UQTR. Its researchers in aluminum technologies, forestry, icing studies, geology and population history are particularly well-known.
Research and teaching
The UQAC proposes:
- In the first cycle, some 60 programs (B.A., B.Sc., certificate, minor) in various fields such as:
- The administration
- the philosophy
- Health sciences
- The physical sciences
- The social sciences
- At the second cycle, some thirty programs (type M.A., M.Sc., DESS).
- In the third cycle, nine doctoral programs:
- Ph.D. in Psychology D.Ps.
- Doctorate in Biology Ph.D.
- Doctorate in Education Ph.D.
- Doctorate in Letters Ph.D.
- Doctorate in Environmental Sciences Ph.D.
- Doctorate in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Ph.D.
- Doctorate in Regional Development Ph.D.
- Doctorate in Theology Ph.D.
- Doctorate in Engineering Ph.D.
- Doctorate in project management Ph.D.
Canada Research Chairs at UQAC
- International Laboratory of Antigous Materials
- Canada Research Chair in Electrical Frost Engineering
- Canada Research Chair in Magmatic Metallogeny
- Canada Research Chair in Democracy and Sovereignty
- Canada Research Chair in the Modern Novel
- Canada Research Chair in the Study of Genetic Determinants of Asthma
- Canada Research Chair in Liquid and Mixed Electrotechnical Insulators
- Canada Research Chair in Theater Soundtracking
- Research Chair on the Comparative Dynamics of Collective Imaginary
- Research Chair on Naturally Occurring Cancer Agents
- Research Chair on the Living Conditions, Health and Aspirations of Young People, UQAC-CÉGEP de Jonquière
Sources : Wikipedia, www.uqac.ca